Language Developer (American English), remote work
LanguageTooler GmbH is the company behind languagetool.org. Our services help people check more than one million texts for grammar, spelling and style issues in over 20 languages every day.
We’re currently looking for a Language Developer for North American English (native speaker), 32–40 hours/week
What do we offer?
- Set your own working hours
- Work remotely
- Be the driving force behind the continuous improvement of a software used by hundreds of thousands of people every day
- Become a permanent member of the passionate team behind the internationally renowned LanguageTool brand
- Writing new rules to correct mistakes users make in English
- Writing new rules to give our users suggestions on how to improve their writing style
- Testing new and existing rules, monitoring their performance, and improving them
- Writing and proofreading texts in English (website and marketing)
- Daily quality control of any new or changed rules
- Working with other linguists and software developers on the team to share knowledge and resources available across languages
- Contributing your native-speaker assessment on linguistic and cultural questions related to rule writing
- A North American variety of English (USA/Canada) is your native language, and you grew up in North America
- Software affinity, willingness to learn the rule-writing syntax (XML) and other aspects (GitHub) of the software (previous experience is a plus, but not required)
- Being knowledgeable and having a good feeling for language (nuances, connotations, dialects, etc.)
- Previous experience in a fast-paced, multiple-responsibility work environment is a plus
Does this job fit you like a glove? Let’s have a chat — or send your application directly to Udo Mai.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Keywords: Home Office, Telearbeit, work from home, remote job, work from anywhere, linguistics, coordinator, grammar, code, coding